IMPORTANT VISITOR INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19
We've opened our doors and will be observing strict social distancing and hygiene measures to protect the health of all visitors and staff and minimise the spread of COVID-19.Learn More
"Grandchildren aged 6, 7 and 10 loved our visit. So much to see and do, especially the activity centre... Recommended for a family outing."
Kids are born explorers and our family programs and exhibitions are designed specifically to stimulate learning.
Here are a few things you and your kids can experience:
- Climb and play on board real-life tall ships, warships and a submarine*.
- Sea Science Pontoon - peek below the surface of the harbour on our waterfront.
- Explore exhibition spaces through interactive kids activity trails and PLAY gallery for under 5s.
- Take a creative guided tour of the exhibitions and enjoy themed play time with Mini Mariners, or Seaside Strollers for carers and bubs.
- Kids on Deck - play, discover, create and get your hands dirty with printmaking, sculpture or painting.
- Please check here for updates on availability of vessels, wet and hot weather alerts, and more.
(*nb. minimum height 90cm, prams and baby carriers are not permitted on board tall ships, warships and submarine).
Visiting with babies and toddlers (click to expand for info)
- The museum is fully accessible to strollers and prams via ramps and lifts. Strollers and baby carriers are not allowed on the vessels.
- Free cloaking for strollers or bags is available on site.
- The museum has 3 baby change rooms.
- Quiet lounge spaces for breastfeeding can be found in the parents room, or on the upper level in Tasman Light Gallery and alongside Kay Cottee First Lady exhibition.
- Our free entry play gallery for early learners is open daily 9.30am – 5pm. We also have regular booked programs for carers, babies and toddlers.
- Yot’s Café offers high chairs and bottle warming.
Creative Kids Annual Family Pass - Only $40Find Out More
Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring
Plan your school holiday visit with extra programs and performances.
Incredible photography, art and history exhibitions to inspire curious minds.
Climb aboard our fleet of ships, navy vessels and submarine to feel what life at sea was really like.
Events and Activities
Subscribe and discover what’s happening at the museum