We’re committed to being an inclusive museum that's accessible to all and offer tailored programs and services to assist.
We’re always available to help those who require extra assistance or access to specialist facilities.
If you’re visiting with a group that has particular access requirements, please let us know and our booking office can assist in planning your visit. Please phone us on 9298 3777
Getting Around the Museum
- There is ramp access into the main museum building via the main entrance.
- There is lift or ramp access to all exhibition spaces within the main building, and to wharves and the viewing platform outside the museum.
- Courtesy wheelchairs are available with a photo ID. Pre-booking a wheelchair is essential, please phone 9298 3777.
- Unfortunately due to the vessel design and walkways on the vessels, wheelchair access is not available.
- Accessible toilets are located on the museum lower level (accessible by lift and walkway) and in the ground level entry foyer.
Eating & Drinking
We offer a range of delicious food and beverages at Yots Café and the outside Kiosk that are both wheelchair accessible.
Two dedicated accessible parking spaces are located outside the main entry to the museum. To pre-book parking, please call 9298 3777.
Hearing and Vision Impaired Services
Audio-induction loops are available in the theatre, main ticket areas and museum meeting rooms. Interactive displays are located throughout the museum.
Carers are offered free access to everything available in the museum and all our vessels. Please present your carers' card or companion card when purchasing tickets.
If you have a question or comment about access, please phone 9298 3777.
If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service:
- TTY users phone 133 677 then ask for 02 9298 3777
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 02 9298 3777
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 02 9298 3777