Are you passionate about history, or have an object or artwork of significant importance?
Donating maritime heritage and cultural gifts to the National Maritime Collection is a fantastic way to contribute to Australia’s maritime history and make sure your piece is preserved into the future. Financial support, and support in-kind, to help maintain the collection is also welcome.
Donate an Object
Some of the museum’s greatest treasures have come through the generosity of donors. We’re always on the lookout for unique pieces of Australian maritime heritage or maritime art including paintings, photographs and ship models.
If you have an item of interest you’re willing to donate, please let us know. To help us assess your donation offer, there are just a few simple steps.
- Please send us digital pictures of the object – preferably with a ruler visible to indicate scale. In your email, please tell us about the item:
- What is the history of the object?
- What stories surround the object or the people connected to it?
- When, where and by whom was it made, owned or used?
- What condition is it in? Please email your pictures and object information to: The Australian National Maritime Foundation Manager Phone: 02 9298 3619 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donate a Service
If you or your organisation offers a specialist service that can help preserve our collection, we’d love to hear from you. This could include the donation of goods and services at no charge such as marine coatings and adhesives, or materials related to shipyard services and transport. Businesses can also get involved through Sponsorship or Corporate Memberships.
The Australian National Maritime Museum Foundation Manager
Phone: 02 9298 3619