Climb aboard the heritage motor launch Harman (c.1943) for a unique 1 hour cruise on Sydney Harbour.
Passengers can enjoy one of two specially designed cruises – the Mystery Bays Highlights Tour (morning) and the Westside Stories Highlights Tour (afternoon).
Mystery Bays Highlights Tour (daily 10am and 11.30am)
The Mystery Bays Highlights Tour focuses on the area between Fort Denison and Balls Head – typically inaccessible by ferries and larger commercial vessels.
You’ll see the northern harbour’s once extensive shipbuilding and engineering enterprises; former sites of heavy industry that are now public parks and reserves; Aboriginal settlements; colonial defense installations; places of recreation and leisure, and places that have seen major Australian artistic achievement.
Westside Stories Highlights Tour (daily 1pm and 2.30pm)
The Westside Stories Highlights Tour shows the transformation of Sydney Harbour from a major working port into one of leisure.
See the remaining vestiges of the working waterfront as you’re taken deep into the bays and coves, west of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Highlights include Rozelle Bay where many of the city’s historic vessels are being restored; see where Palmolive and Protex soap was made; be visually transported to ‘Scandinavia’ by multi-coloured harbour front workshops, and unlock what the name Ultimo means?
Click here for more information about MV Harman.
Please note the Mystery Bays and Westside Stories Highlights Tours are shortened versions of the Sydney Heritage Fleet’s 2-hour cruises.
Conditions of boarding
- Due to safety requirements children must be at least 90 cm tall to board the vessel.
- Please arrive at the main museum wharf (in front of Ripples cafe) at least 10 minutes before departure.
- Please wear sensible footwear and dress appropriately for the weather on the day - a windproof jacket may be useful.
- Tickets can be purchased online in advance or on the day (pending availability) from the main museum foyer or Action Stations ticket desk.
- The vessel is licensed to carry a maximum of 24 passengers.
- If, in the opinion of the Master on the day in the event the wind or sea state is deemed unsuitable for the comfort of passengers, the cruise will be cancelled and passengers refunded.
- Online bookings close 24 hrs before departure.
- Passengers can buy tickets (pending availability) from the museum foyer or Action Stations ticket booth up to 10 mins before departure.