The Australian National Maritime Museum occasionally offers ongoing (permanent), non-ongoing (temporary) and short-term vacancies in a range of areas including curatorial, conservation, registration, education, personnel, finance, and public relations. Some positions at the museum are out-sourced, for example, security and front-of-house personnel. There are also contractors working at the museum performing a range of jobs.
See Current Positions
Submit an Application
To apply for an advertised position, you need to submit an online application through e-Recruitment, our online recruitment system.
- Please read the candidate information pack before accessing the system for the first time. This will assist in preparing your application for a position with the museum. Further information can be found in Cracking the Code - How to apply for jobs in the Australian Public Service
- You will need to register online to apply for positions advertised on our website.
- Once registered you will be allocated a login identification (which is usually your email address) and password which will allow you to:
- Register your personal details
- Access your application at any time
- Make changes to personal details once you have submitted an application
- Access previous applications you have submitted
- Apply for new jobs listed
- Set up job alerts for new positions
After You Have Submitted an Application
After you submit your application online, you will receive an automatically generated e-mail response advising you that your application has been received. You may also receive email correspondence throughout the process. If you are selected for interview, you will be contacted by telephone. Please include home and work phone numbers in your application. If you have any enquiries, please contact the Human Resources team.
Australian Citizenship and Proof of Identity (PDF, 261 kb)
ANMM Enterprise Agreement 2017 - 2020 (PDF 2.4 mb)
Volunteering at the Museum
Volunteering in the museum is a fantastic way to develop new skills and see what it’s like to work with us. Although volunteering is unpaid, it can potentially lead to new opportunities. See how to become a volunteer.
Internships at the Museum
The Australian National Maritime Museum Internship Program (ANMMIP) offers a range of unpaid opportunities for interns and work experience students to apply knowledge learned through formal instruction in a museum environment. The ANMM believes that such an experience is intrinsically educational and at the same time provides the best bridge to professional development and raising the standards of museum related scholarship and practice.
Applications for internships, can be submitted via to the Human Resources team.
Work Experience at the Museum
The museum offers limited places for work experience for students from high school and tertiary institutions. Applications for work experience are currently on hold.
For more information, please contact the Human Resources team.