From time to time The Australian National Maritime Museum (ABN - 35 023 590 988) (“Promoter”) may run competitions (“Competitions”) on the Museum social media accounts, including its Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter pages (“Platform/s”). By entering such a Competition and by accepting a prize, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions.
1. The promoter is the Australian National Maritime Museum. Competitions are not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the Platforms.
2. You agree to release the Platforms from any and all claims and demands arising out of, or in connection with, your participation in any of these Competitions or with any of the prizes offered. You further agree to any rules or guidelines stipulated by the Platform relating to the use of the Platform and your participation in any Competition or similar.
3. Employees of The Australian National Maritime Museum and immediate family members of The Australian National Maritime Museum employees and agencies associated with the Competition as the case may be, are ineligible to enter.
4. For Australian competitions, entrants must be Australian residents and be residing in Australia at the time of the Competition.
5. The Australian National Maritime Museum reserves the right to put any conditions or restrictions on any Competition.
6. The Australian National Maritime Museum will state the method by which winners will be chosen.
7. To enter a Competition, the entrant must have taken the action requested, as described in the post relating to the specific competition. Only one entry per account is permitted.
8. The prize will be stated in the post and must comply with Australian law, where applicable. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash and The Australian National Maritime Museum reserves the rights to offer substitute prizes. If any prize is unavailable for any reason, The Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative prize to the equal value subject to any advice from a regulatory body.
9. Prize winners will be notified on the Platform through which the submission was received. To claim a prize, winners will be asked to provide contact details in a manner specified by The Promoter.
10. If for any reason whatsoever a prize winner does not redeem a prize or an element of a prize by the time stipulated in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise made known by The Australian National Maritime Museum, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited by the prize winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu.
11. If a prize is unclaimed, it will be awarded to the entrant who submitted the next best response (as determined by The Promoter in its absolute discretion). The process will be repeated for every subsequent winner. The prize remains the property of The Australian National Maritime Museum until it is collected by the final winner.
12. In the event of any dispute regarding the administration, rules, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of The Promoter shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
13. The Australian National Maritime Museum, in its sole discretion and subject to any prohibition by law to do so or any written direction from a regulatory authority, may cancel a Competition at any time or disqualify an entrant. Entries that are not genuine or are incomplete, late or in any way fraudulent or deemed to be inappropriate or unacceptable for any reason by The Promoter will be declared void.
14. The Australian National Maritime Museum reserves the right to reproduce names, photographs, material, comments and feedback provided by entrants in promotional material including but not limited to website, brochures and other online channels.
15. All entries must be original to and created solely by the entrant. All entries and all copyright and other rights in such entries and/or other materials become the property of The Australian National Maritime Museum and will not be returned. Each entrant agrees to provide a written assignment of all rights to The Promoter if requested. By submitting an entry and any other materials (save for any personal information) to The Promoter in connection with a Competition, each entrant:
a) specifically authorises The Promoter to use and/or license third parties to use such entry in whole or in part, in perpetuity in or on any and all media, whether currently in existence or developed in the future, and alone or together or as part of other information, content and/or material of any kind or nature;
b) represents and warrants that all elements contained in the entry or other material:
i. are original to the entrant and fully cleared for use as contemplated in these Terms and Conditions;
ii. do not and will not, in any way, violate or breach any of the terms of any other agreement the entrant may be a party to;
iii. do not contain defamatory, tortious or otherwise unlawful, untrue or inaccurate information, infringe or violate any copyright or other right; or contain any matter the publication or sale of which will violate any law;
iv. are not obscene or likely to cause offence;
v. are not in any way cruel or abusive; and
vi. will not require The Promoter to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of The Promoters’ use or exploitation of the same, and
c) unconditionally and irrevocably consents to any act or omission which would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the entry and waives all moral rights in the entry that arise outside Australia;
d) warrants that where the submission contains the image, likeness or any identifying characteristic of another person, the entrant has received express consent from those other people to be included in the submission. The entrant indemnifies The Promoter of any breach of this warranty and for any breach of privacy legislation.
16. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, The Australian National Maritime Museum, its related corporations and associated agencies (and any of their personnel) exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any entrant (including a winner) in connection with any competition, including, without limitation:
(i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of The Promoter, its related corporations and associated agencies (and any of their personnel); and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. No responsibility will be taken by The Promoter or its authorised agents for entries ineligible due to technical reasons or any other reason.
18. Competitions and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Australia.
19. Subject to statutory restrictions, The Australian National Maritime Museum may amend these Terms and Conditions at its absolute discretion.
Win a Double Pass to the Wildlife Photographer of the Year Event Competition
1. The Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition period is:
Start: Thurs 6 Feb 2020 11AM EST
End: Thurs 13 Feb 2020 11AM EST
2. The 5 x winners of Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition will receive 1 x prize each comprised of: 2 x Adult Tickets to the Wildlife Photographer of the Year Event.
3. Prize Details: Winners will receive 2 x Adult Tickets to an exclusive sneak peek of the 2020 Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition on the evening of Wednesday 4 March 2020. The event, in conjunction with TimeOut, includes drinks, canapés, entertainment and access to the exhibition. This event is 18+. Winners and their guests must be 18 years or above to attend.
4. Winners will be notified via Facebook direct message and asked to provide an email address. Tickets will be sent via email.
5. Entrants must be 18 years or above
6. A Facebook account and valid email address are required to enter