From our stunning location at Darling Harbour, we welcome almost 1 million visitors annually to our world-class facilities, and almost a million more visitors nationally to our travelling exhibitions.
The museum is a leader in the preservation, promotion and sharing of Australia's maritime heritage. As Australia’s only museum dedicated to the preservation of our maritime story, both modern and historical, we have a great responsibility. We play a critical role in the community to influence and form a better tomorrow.
Our corporate partners are part of this mission. They help us share our stories, reach new audiences, educate visitors and excite and delight our community.
There are a number of excellent sponsorship opportunities available. Your brand can be linked to our dynamic cultural spaces, education programs, exhibitions, festivals, national travelling exhibitions, unique vessels and events. Whatever your sponsorship goal is, the museum can help you achieve it.
As well as promoting your brand, there are also unique opportunities for internal marketing and staff engagement.
We understand that every partnership is different, and would be happy to tailor a sponsorship opportunity to meet your needs.
See our current partners.
Museum visitor profile
Families (two adults, two children)
Sydney, NSW, National and International audiences physically visit the museum in Darling Harbour and exhibitions travelling Australia and the world.
Clear definitions of 7 market segments including ‘Knowledge Seekers’, ‘Learning is Fun’ and ‘Culture Vultures’
10,000 active and passionate museum members and over 1,000 volunteers.
- We cater to a diverse portfolio of visitors including families, knowledge seekers and tourists.
- The museum has a 10 year plan as part of the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development.
- Our physical precinct sits on the badu (land) and bamal (waters) of the Gadigal people and we share important indigenous maritime stories from Across Australia.
- We offer a wide range of onsite, off site and online engaging education programs.
- 30,000 names are celebrated on the museum’s Welcome Wall from people who have migrated from around the world to live in Australia.
- Whether you want luxury, history, adventure or all three, you can become part of it on one of the 14 historic vessels at the museum.
James Cameron, Bob Hawke, Oprah, The Hon Alexandra Shackleton and HM Queen Elizabeth II have all visited the museum.
Ways to Partner With Us
- Sponsor our exhibitions and share your brand with the public
- Naming rights to museum galleries and spaces
- Fund public or school education programs, conferences and publications
- Help conserve vessels in our popular historical fleet or other major exhibits
- Supply and be acknowledged through your value in kind specialised products or services
What Partners Enjoy
- Achieve your marketing brief, corporate entertainment and CSR all in one sponsorship
- Broader brand awareness sharing your messaging with our audience
Privileged use of the museum’s harbour-side venues
- Complimentary entry for employees or customers
- Personally designed corporate events around a sponsored exhibition
- Unique opportunities for corporate entertainment and joint promotions
- Exclusive networking opportunities with government representatives and fellow partners
- Affiliation with a national cultural organisation with international prestige
- Invitations to exhibition and high profile events
- Exclusive corporate opportunities such as excursions in historic vessels and harbour cruises.
See our current partners.
Enquire About a Partnership Package
We recognise that every organisation and business has different goals and budgets. For more information about becoming a partner of the Australian National Maritime Museum, and finding a package that matches your needs, please get in touch.
Telephone: +61 2 8241 8312