Are you planning a visit to the museum?
To keep our visitors, staff and volunteers as safe as possible, we've made some changes to how we operate. Here’s everything you need to know before you visit.
Please note, due to COVID-19 and to comply with government health and safety restrictions, the following areas will be closed/unavailable:
• HMAS Onslow
• Below deck on HMB Endeavour and HMAS Vampire
• 3D Cinema
• Group bookings
• Play spaces
• Members Lounge
• Cloaking service (self-serve lockers are available)
• The Library
Kids On Deck re-opens 27 September 2020
We will continue to review and update this situation. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we make changes to our program of experiences and events at the museum during this time.
**Important information about your visit**
The health and wellbeing of our visitors, staff and volunteers is our highest priority and we need your help to contain the spread of COVID-19.
What we’re doing to protect you
• Access to the museum is restricted to reduce crowds and ensure social distancing
• We encourage pre-booking your visit online
• The museum is now cashless – card payments only
• Hand sanitisers are provided throughout the museum
• Frequent routine cleaning is undertaken to ensure the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene
• We offer free temperature screening devices on request
• Safety protocols for catered events
• We have updated our privacy notice online
Safety protocols for family programs - view HERE
How you can help us to stop the spread of COVID-19
• Do not visit if you are undergoing the self-isolation period or have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19
• Do not visit if you are unwell or have a dry cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, high temperature or fever, body aches or pains
• Please provide us with your personal details and give us permission to provide them to NSW Health if they ask us to do so
• Maintain a distance of 1.5m between yourself and other people at all times
• Downloading the Government’s COVIDSafe app is recommended
If you’re feeling unwell please call National Coronavirus Health Information line on 1800 020 080.